This section provides recommendations on pedagogy, tools, and resources available to teaching assistants and undergraduate assistants in support of remote teaching virtual classes.
We will be actively updating this site with more resources. If you have any questions about transitioning your teaching please contact John Liu (email@example.com), Simona Socrate (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Jose Pacheco (email@example.com). For other questions, please join us at one of the following:
Open Office Hours
We will also be hosting open office hours for instructors to ask questions about remote teaching and to help them with troubleshooting. For a schedule of upcoming office hours and meeting details, go here.
All faculty, teaching staff and TAs can ask questions and share resources at the MechE Remote Teaching Forum Piazza. Sign up here.
Getting Started on Remote Teaching
- MechE Guide to Transitioning to Remote Teaching Part I: Pedagogy and Practical Considerations
- MechE Guide to Transitioning to Remote Teaching Part II: Software Workflows
- MechE Guide to Transitioning to Remote Teaching Part III: Final Exams and Remote Teaching Debrief
- Recommendations for Office Hours and Recitations
- Best practices for Recording Audio (ODL)