Graduate Student Travel Awards Announced
The department is pleased to announce the winners of the five Graduate Travel Grants created to support the travel of MechE graduate students to present graduate research at a conference or participate in an academic workshop. The Travel Grants, which are awarded competitively as an academic honor twice yearly, aim to facilitate student professional development by promoting participation in the student’s broader research community or exposure to specialty topics.
The Fall, 2012 Graduate Student Award winners are:
- Sontheimer Travel Award in Mechanical Engineering – Awarded to Betar Gallant
- Sontheimer Travel Award in Mechanical Engineering – Awarded to Suman Bose
- Keck Travel Award in Thermal Sciences – Awarded to Zhiting Tian
- Den Hartog Travel Award in Mechanics – Awarded to Michael Allshouse
- Den Hartog Travel Award in Mechanics – Awarded to Wonjung Kim
- SNAME Travel Award in Ocean Engineering – Awarded to Katherine Gerhard
- DeFlorez Travel Award in Design and Manufacturing – Awarded to Hadi Tavakoli Nia
The awards will be announced at the Mechanical Engineering Research Showcase September 14th, 2012, 4:00 – 7:00 pm in 4-349.