David L. TrumperProfessor of Mechanical Engineering
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139-4307
Ph.D. in EECS, Sept. 1990, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
M.S. in EECS, June 1984, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
B.S. inEECS, June 1980, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
Jul 2004-present Professor
Jul 2000-Jun 2004 Associate Professor with tenure
Mar 1998-Jun 2000 Associate Professor
Jul 1996-Feb 1998 Rockwell International Career Development Associate Professor
Mar 1995-Jun 1996 Rockwell International Career Development Assistant Professor
Sept 1993-Mar 1995 Assistant Professor
Principal Publications for last five years:
- Wang, C-H., Hocken, R.J., and Trumper, D.L., "Dynamics and Control of the UNCC/MIT Subatomic Measuring Machine," CIRP Annals, Vol. 50/1/2001, pp. 373-376.
- Lu, X., Weng, M.C., and Trumper, D.L., "Vibration Control of Flexible Structures Using Sensor Averaging and Actuator Averaging Methods," IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Volume 10, Issue 4, July, 2002.
- Sato, Y., Trumper, D.L., "A Vibration Isolation Platform," Mechatronics, Volume 12, Issue 2, February, 2002.
- Chen, K-S, "Trumper, D.L., and Smith, S.T., Design and Control for an Electromagnetically Driven X-Y-Theta Stage," Precision Engineering, Vol. 26, No. 4, October, 2002.
- Konkola, P., Trumper, D.L., "Electromagnetic Design of a Low-Fringing-Field Magnetic Bearing Stage for Electron Beam Lithography," JSME International Journal, Special Issue on Magnetic Bearings, Series C, Vol. 46, No. 2, June 2003.
- Byl, M.F., Ludwick, S.J., and Trumper, D.L., "A Loop-Shaping Perspective for Tuning Adaptive Feedforward Controllers," Precision Engineering: Journal of the International Societies for Precision Engineering, Vol. 29, Issue 1, January, 2005, pp. 27-40.
- Stein, A.J., Hocken, R.J., and Trumper, D.L., "A Metrological Atomic Force Microscope," accepted for publication with mandatory revisions for Precision Engineering: Journal of the International Societies for Precision Engineering, currently in revision.
- Lu, X-L, and Trumper, D.L., "Ultrafast Tool Servos for Diamond Turning," CIRP Annals, Vol. 54/1/2005, pp. 383-388.
Corresponding Member, International Institution for Production Engineering Research (CIRP)
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
American Society for Precision Engr (ASPE): Director-at-Large, 1995-1998, Guest Ed., Precision Engr, 1997-1998, Assoc. Ed., Precision Engineering, 1998-present, Vice-Pres., 2004-2005, Pres 2005-2006
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
Honors & Awards for the past five years
3M Innovation Award, 2001
Spira Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2002
Keenan Award, 2006