Professor of Mechanical Engineering; Director, Sloan Automotive Laboratory
CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGYB.Sc.
MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (MIT)M.Sc.
MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (MIT)Ph.D.
1. Smith, P., Cheng, W., and Heywood, J., "Crevice Volume Effect on Spark Ignition Engine Efficiency," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2602, 2014, doi:10.4271/2014-01-2602.
2. Pritchard, J. and Cheng, W., "Effects of Secondary Air on the Exhaust Oxidation of Particulate Matters," SAE Int. J. Engines 8(3):2015, doi:10.4271/2015-01-0886.
3. Rodriguez, J. and Cheng, W., "Effect of Operation Strategy on First Cycle CO, HC, and PM/PN Emissions in a GDI Engine," SAE Int. J. Engines 8(3):2015, doi:10.4271/2015-01-0887.
4. Lim, E.G., Dames, E.E., Cedrone, K.D., Acocella, A.J., Needham, T., R., Arce, A., Cohn, D., Bromberg, L., Cheng, W.K., Green, W.H., “The Engine Reformer: Syngas Production in an Engine for Compact Gas-to-Liquid Synthesis,” Can. J. Chem. Eng., 94, pp. 623-635, 2016.
5. McKenzie, J. and Cheng, W., "Ignition Delay Correlation for Engine Operating with Lean and with Rich Fuel-Air Mixtures," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0699, 2016, doi:10.4271/2016-01-0699.
6. McKenzie, J. and Cheng, W., "The Anatomy of Knock," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0704, 2016, doi:10.4271/2016-01- 0704.
7. Rodriguez, J. and Cheng, W., "Cycle-by-cycle analysis of cold crank-start in a GDI engine," SAE Int. J. Engines 9(2):2016, doi:10.4271/2016-01-0824
8. Rodriguez, J. and Cheng, W., "Reduction of Cold-Start Emissions through Valve Timing in a GDI Engine," SAE Int. J. Engines 9(2):2016, doi:10.4271/2016-01-0827.
9. Rodriguez, J., and Cheng, W., “Fuel carbon pathway in the first cranking cycle of a gasoline direct injection engine,” Int. J of Eng. Research, Vol. 17(6) (2016), pp 690–701; DOI: 10.1177/1468087415609852.
10. Chen, Y., Wolk, B., Mehl, M, Cheng, W.K., Chen, J.Y., Dibble, R.W., “Development of a reduced chemical mechanism targeted for a 5-component gasoline surrogate: A case study on the heat release nature in a GCI engine," Combustion and Flame 178 (2017), pp 268–276.