If you’re looking for a MechE-focused UROP or thesis project, go to Mechanical Engineering Thesis and UROP (M.E.T.U) opportunities or the UROP web site to browse listings. You can also ask one of your professors, or find a faculty member in the directory.

Students can UROP either for pay or for credit.

  • For pay – Submit the UROP application (see link above).
  • For credit – Students must do BOTH the UROP application AND register for UROP (online registration or add/drop). Be sure to register for the same subject that is on your UROP application.

For information about the Undergraduate Practice Opportunities Program (UPOP), viist the UPOP web site