Professor of Mechanical Engineering; Director, Sloan Automotive Laboratory
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139
CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGYB.Sc.
MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (MIT)M.Sc.
MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (MIT)Ph.D.
1. McKenzie, J. and Cheng, W., "The Anatomy of Knock," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0704, 2016, doi:10.4271/2016-01- 0704.
2. Rodriguez, J. and Cheng, W., "Cycle-by-cycle analysis of cold crank-start in a GDI engine," SAE Int. J. Engines 9(2):2016, doi:10.4271/2016-01-0824
3. Rodriguez, J. and Cheng, W., "Reduction of Cold-Start Emissions through Valve Timing in a GDI Engine," SAE Int. J. Engines 9(2):2016, doi:10.4271/2016-01-0827.
4. Rodriguez, J., and Cheng, W., “Fuel carbon pathway in the first cranking cycle of a gasoline direct injection engine,” Int. J of Eng. Research, Vol. 17(6) (2016), pp 690–701; DOI: 10.1177/1468087415609852.
5. Chen, Y., Wolk, B., Mehl, M, Cheng, W.K., Chen, J.Y., Dibble, R.W., “Development of a reduced chemical mechanism targeted for a 5-component gasoline surrogate: A case study on the heat release nature in a GCI engine," Combustion and Flame 178 (2017), pp 268–276.
6. Oh, C. and Cheng, W., "Assessment of Gasoline Direct Injection Engine Cold Start Particulate Emission Sources," SAE Int. J. Engines 10(4):2017, doi:10.4271/2017-01-0795.
7. Rodriguez, J. and Cheng, W., "Analysis of NOx Emissions during Crank-Start and Cold Fast-Idle in a GDI Engine," SAE Int. J. Engines 10(2):646-655, 2017, doi:10.4271/2017-01-0796.
8. Chen, Y., Zhang, Y., and Cheng, W., "Effects of Ethanol Evaporative Cooling on Particulate Number Emissions in GDI Engines," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0360, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0360.
9. Anandhan, M. and Cheng, W., "Performance Assessment of Extended Stroke Spark Ignition Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0893, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0893.
10. Ketterer, J.E. and Cheng, W., “A Study of Soot Formation in a Rapid Compression Machine at Conditions Representative of Cold-fast-idle in Spark Ignition Engines,” Int. J. of Engine Research, 20, 6, pp 670-677, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1177/1468087418777663
Detection of ethanol emission from a spark ignition engine, US Patent 8589084, filed 10/8/2010; issued 11/18/2013.